The Interface Region Imaging Spectrograph (IRIS) was launched on 27th June 2013.
- Find out more about the mission at the NASA IRIS pages.
- The IRIS Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory pages give many more details on mission operations, data, and IRIS data analysis.
- IRIS data can be downloaded via the Virtual Solar Observatory.
- IRIS data held at the SDAC is also available here.
- Note: The SDAC archives both IRIS Level 1 and Level 2 data. IRIS Level 1 data is the highest non-irreversibly transformed data available. Software to promote IRIS Level 1 data to Level 2 data can be be found here. The IRIS team encourages the typical user to directly use IRIS Level 2 data which is fully calibrated. Details about the calibration steps involved can be found in De Pontieu et al. 2014 and Wuelser et al., 2018.