Quick Look SXT images
Our quick look pages are organized in a calender-like list of dates.
So, start from choosing the year you wish to quick-look.
We hope these pages will serve a useful role for many users.
Each yearly page contains links to the ....
- Daily image page -- one image per day taken at around 12:00UT.
with some observational info (see below for detail).
- Weekly movies -- Java script movies of level_2(SSC) data taken in
the week. The cadence is 2 hours at the best data coverage.
The total size of the files to be downloaded is 1 to 2 MB per movie.
- Monthly thumbnail images -- Clickable maps of daily thumbnail images,
sorted like a calender of the month. Each image links to the daily page.
Each daily image page contains links to the ....
- Daily image -- A SSC movie quality image (512x512 in full size)
taken at 12:00UT or nearest every day. The original FITS file name is
annotated in the image.
- NOAA Region Overlay -- NOAA Active Region numbers and locations,
overlaid on the daily image.
- Data Coverage on GOES -- SXT data coverage (for FFI, PFI, and flare-mode
found in Level_0 data) is shown on the GOES X-ray flux plot.
- PFI FOV location movie -- Field-Of-View locations of the Partial Frame
Images obtained every hours are overlaid on the SSC images in the same
- Daily SSC movie -- A Java script movie made of all available movie FITS
files(i.e., browse images) for the day. Image size is reduced to 256x256.
- Daily White Light movie -- A Java script movie made of all available
Level_2 white light images for the day (available only 1991 and 1992).
- Daily Level_1 movie -- A Java script movie made of all available Level_1
- Calibration history -- Observational info of the daily image,
and details for the dark and leak correction, composite processing, etc.