LinksThis list of links to external web sites is by no means exhaustive, and may not always be up-to-date. Please send feedback, suggestions, or corrections to the SPD webmaster.
OTHER SOLAR LINKS PAGES
AstroWeb's collection of
SOHO Explore solar links
list of solar WWW servers
The Stanford Solar Center's links to
solar images and data
from ground-based and space-based observatories
Bill Arnett's NinePlanets entry on
Solar links pages from universities
(not department home pages):
- Montana State University
- University of California San Diego
- University of Glasgow / UK
- University of Memphis
the monthly electronic newsletter of the Solar Physics Division, is
available online at both the
National Solar Observatory
(in full HTML format; site maintained by John Leibacher)
University (text only; site maintained by Rick Bogart).
You can now submit your news items for SolarNews via the submission webform. The field for "AAS member ID" is not required, and can be left blank.
SolarNews submissions can be in plain text or HTML; other formats will be returned with a request for a plain text copy. Please do not include any images in the submissions, but do provide hyperlinks to web pages that give further information as needed. Also, Please try to keep meeting and workshop announcements to no more than one page (fewer than 60 lines of typed text with 72 characters per line), with a Web address for further information.
If you wish to subscribe or unsubscribe from SolarNews, get a password reminder, or change your subscription, click here.
- SolarMail is an e-mail forwarding system provided as a service to all members of the Solar Physics research community. It allows users to be reached via e-mail anywhere through their username (usually first initial plus last name) on the spd.aas.org server. (SolarNews is delivered directly to SolarMail accounts.)
JOB AND CAREER RESOURCES
The societies have already assembled many useful links
of career services.
See, for example, job pages of the AAS, the APS, the AGU, and the AAAS.
- The Astro Jobs page of astronomy job links.
- Telling time by the Sun
- Andrew Frankoi's list of Science Fiction stories sorted by astronomy topic: The Sun
- Trivia quiz: songs about the Sun (given the titles, guess the artists)
- Great moments in the history of solar physics
- Moldwin's timeline of solar-terrestrial physics
Best of the Web's
- Steven Cranmer's Solar Physics Almanac
- Links to myths and folklore about the Sun, from . . . UCAR . . . Stanford . . . about.com