Virtual Solar Observatory: BoF's
||The Virtual Solar Observatory:|
Birds of a Feather sessions
VSO BoF session at San Francisco AGU meeting, 2002 December
This was a progress report/discussion of the
strawman doc. A PDF version
of the slides presented at the BoF is available.
VSO BoF session at Albuquerque AAS/SPD meeting, 2002 June
Monday, 3 June, 5:30-7:00pm, San Miguel room
In Europe and the US, there are a number of projects planned or underway that
will pave the way towards a virtual solar observatory. In such a system, solar
observations from many sources will appear to the user as a single vitual
archive, eventually allowing complex data comparisons. This session will reveal
the details and objectives of these projects and how they relate to each other,
and will allow the projects to exchange ideas with each other and with the
prospective user base (the audience). All interested parties are welcome.
Currently scheduled speakers (< 5 minutes each):
Organized by: Bob Bentley and
- Joe Gurman / NASA Goddard (welcome; VSO
- Rob Bentley / UCL-MSSL (EGSO)
- Terry Kucera / NASA Goddard (LWS data system status)
- VSO design study
- Rick Bogart / Stanford U.
- Frank Hill / NSO
- Piet Martens / Montana State U.
- Neal Hurlburt / LMSAL (The Solar
- Dominic Zarro / L-3/NASA Goddard (IDL sockets)
- Craig DeForest / SwRI (PDL and VSO)
- open discussion